Pages

Friday, October 17, 2014

Inspire

We've all had that "Ah Ha" moment when you get an idea, when you've finally figured out the solution to your current query, when the light bulb about your head suddenly turns on...that's inspiration! I know some may say coming up with a solution to a problem isn't inspiration but it is to me. Once I've accomplished that my thoughts have awakened and are generally building up momentum! I often have what I refer to as "accidental inspiration", when I see something or someone doing an activity which starts up my creative juices or when I'm doing something that prompts others to be inspired!

We all need inspiration without it nothing would have evolved. Inspiration alone is not enough, it's learning to take the thoughts in our head and manifest them into reality. We've all been inspired to make something, when it appears to be doable without major construction, I tend to jump in both feet first! This has lead me to tackle new tasks, take several new classes, not all of them academic but definitely a learning experiences! A few months ago I was inspired to reupholster my couch (I've been cat sitting & the house guests clawed my couch to the point I couldn't take it anymore). I took on the task of reupholstering it. I figured worst case scenario I'd need to acquire a new couch but that was the point I was at anyways. I was successful! It was not as difficult as I had imagined but much more time consuming than I had planned (whoever assembled the couch originally was staple & nail happy)! Since my friends have seen what I accomplished, they've been inspired to reupholster their furniture...I've been recruited by them as well.

I inspire and become inspired by movement on a rather frequent basis. I'm that person who dances down the aisles of the store because the song moves me. I tend to also accompany it with singing under my breath since I wouldn't want to wound bystanders. "There's always time to dance" as far as I'm concerned and I'm not even claiming to do it well! The other day I was waiting for my friend to get something out of her car. I was standing on the sidewalk doing the yoga tree pose when a lady walked by. She commented that she could never do that. I replied with yes you can and it doesn't matter if you can't balance on one leg some days trees sway more than others more than others! Next thing I knew we were both trees on the sidewalk!  She told me that was more fun than she thought and she's now going to look into taking yoga.

We never want to lose our spark! It's important to take time daily or at least be open to things that inspire us. It helps our journey in connecting! So go out and dance, sing, paint, invent a new item, reupholster your couch, whatever you can can to inspire and get inspired...it's contagious! 

We love being inspired! How do you inspire or get inspired?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Connect with us by sharing your ideas!